THOUGHTS TO COUNT
.............hopefully counted since april 25, 05 ...........
9.30.2005
  The internet does not understand my queries.
I am trying to discover how much the average human adult can lift and carry comfortably. I have been querying google and askjeeves with phrases like "How much weight/many pounds can the average human carry/lift" to no avail. I have discovered a lot of useless and unsearched for facts however, like that the average human head weighs between 6-12 pounds, depending on your source, that humans are grossly overweight (there is one page dedicated to "How to have sex if you're fat"), I've learned that Michigan hospitals are 'beefing' up the carrying capacity of their hospital beds and ambulances to accomadate all the overweights, I've seen too many facts about the amazing carrying capacities of ants to enumerate and yet I have not the answer to my question....

Please, can anyone give me a clue here? How much can you carry comfortably.

I'm off now to have lunch with my long forgotten (rather not seen) sister who is in town for the weekend. This ends my friday marathon of school, which has been midly frustrating but which is also clearly on a friday, so not too bad...

Hockey pool draft is tomorrow. It is a fantasy game, and I'm winging it....and BTW, if anyone is out there and reading this, check out my dad's blog for some words on the delicious ocean and a pic of him in '68...Roll, daddy, roll...

P
 
Comments:
this looks promising: http://www.roymech.co.uk/Useful_Tables/Human/Human_strength.html

.... except that it wouldn't load on Kirsten's computer. Maybe you'll have better luck.

I googled "maximum human strength" and got some relevant-seeming results.

Aaaaaaaand this is reeeally unproductive. I need to nip off and do some of my homework....
 
Ha yes...I believe that a human mom and dad can carry the weight of the world....for example, the crushing weight of worry about their progeny...the incalculable weight of providing financially for a family and the awesome weight of wondering if they were all that they could be as parents...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Other Blogs

Embryonic Blogs

M.I.A.

Archives
2005.04 2005.05 2005.06 2005.07 2005.08 2005.09 2005.10 2006.02 2006.03 2007.09 2009.07