THOUGHTS TO COUNT
.............hopefully counted since april 25, 05 ...........
8.23.2005
  The Photos Keep on Coming....
Pictures, pictures and pictures....Starting with more churches and places of worship..I have seen a lot in Italy, but I have not seen a Jewish Temple...this was my first non-Christian visit of the tour...The Dahony street synagogue is the second largest in the world. It was designed by a Christian architect and it includes many elements characteristic of a church....You can see in these pictures me sporting a hat that would not stay on my head, the Memorial tree outside the synagogue that recognizes the death of some 10,000 Hungarian Jews in WWII....The other picture brings us back to the Christian faith with St. Stephens basilica....



Next, there are some night-time shots of Budapest, starting with the parliment building and a cityscape from atop a mountain...the daytime picture is of heroes square...



Next, we have some pictures from Statue Park where many of the Communist statues and monuments have been placed after the fall of communism in 89...This is a very strange place, and I recommend it to anyone for a bit of nostalgia...




Again here, there is one photo from Statue Park, and then there are a couple of Barna, his cousin, cousins friend from Transalvania and his wife at dinner...



I have come nearer to the conclusion of my time here...today I spent the day in the famous Medicinal baths...great stuff...paid 6 euros for the whole day...the water has a lot of great minerals and is good for the ol health...the place is a huge complex with a bunch of seperate baths in different rooms...each bath has its own temperature and individual mineral composition...they list em on the walls...outside in the courtyard are three open pools...a cold water one for swimming, a warm water one with a ton of fountains, and a hot water pool...there are people bathing and playing chess at the same time...whacky.

Tomorrow, I go off to Slovakia to hike the Tatras...I dont know when I will be able to use the internet again, so it will be back to the intermittent posting..

I will get you updated soon though...ciao,ciao...P
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home




Other Blogs

Embryonic Blogs

M.I.A.

Archives
2005.04 2005.05 2005.06 2005.07 2005.08 2005.09 2005.10 2006.02 2006.03 2007.09 2009.07