THOUGHTS TO COUNT
.............hopefully counted since april 25, 05 ...........
8.22.2005
  hoohaa and photos
Here in Budapest I stay with a man named Barna...Barna is a mech. engineer like I and we've met online through couchsurfing.com....Barna has internet access and therefore so do I by relation...I will now post some photos of the last few days...

First there are some photos from Venice where I spent a day and a half...typical of the Venice photos are the water shots, trying to be artistic but failing in many cases...have a look...



Then there is slovenia...starting with Bovec, a town in the Julian Alps...Bovec is a little resort town where I spent a day and a half checking out the nature and doing some swimming and camping and canyoning...notice the beautiful Soca river...considered by some the best in Europe...also I saw the front line of the Austrian-Hungarian defence from WWI...right down the road from my campsite...(There's a pic of the hammock setup...yeah!!)...creepy old soldier caves there and the original barbed wire fence still standing....and then there's some pictures from me in a field eating dinner at sunset, admiring the mountains and later unfortunately unsettled by the onrush of feeding goats!!! whoa!



From Bovec to Ljubljana, the small capital city of Slovenia...small but beautiful...I went and checked out the Ljubljana castle and have some pics from there, as well as just various pictures from around Ljubs....



And now in Budapest, there are some pictures with Barna and his cousin Arthur...there's also me with a Hungarian gal or two....and of course us after the rain storm in the elevator...a classic....



More pics to come later...enjoy...and please...don't be shy..comment it up..I want to know if I'm doing this only as an exercise in Sanity...

P
 
Comments:
The pics and commentary are great...I find myself mindtouring Europe thru your eyes and experiences..Ha...to be 23 and in Europe...now, that is truly priceless...enjoy and be careful...
 
The pics and commentary are great...I find myself mindtouring Europe thru your eyes and experiences..Ha...to be 23 and in Europe...now, that is truly priceless...enjoy and be careful...
 
nice to see you in some of the pics. you look healthy- and tan! The pics of the alps remind me of the canadian rockies....
Looks like lots of fun!
Keep the pics coming!

Jenn
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Other Blogs

Embryonic Blogs

M.I.A.

Archives
2005.04 2005.05 2005.06 2005.07 2005.08 2005.09 2005.10 2006.02 2006.03 2007.09 2009.07