THOUGHTS TO COUNT
.............hopefully counted since april 25, 05 ...........
7.22.2005
  Vacation
I just found out yesterday from our boss that my last day of work is on the 12th of August. I'll be staying over the weekend to clear up a few things, then heading out Monday the 15th for a tour of Europe for three weeks, ending up in Munich for a week at the end for a conference. I've got to figure out how to send my luggage ahead of me to Munich Airport, and have it stored there until I show up for my flight back to MTL on the 10th of Sept. Anyone know how I can do this?

So there are two tentative vacation schedules. I'll start in Rome either way, taking the train there on the 15th...I will check out those things I missed the first time around, then take a flight either to Dublin via London to visit a friend, or to Venice. Going to Dublin will have me staying there for about 4 days before flying back to Venice. From Venice, I'll be going to Slovenia, Hungary, Austria, Czech. Rep., Poland and then to Munich on the 4th. I know for sure that I want to see Prague, Budapest and visit some friends in Poland, I'm a little less sure about checking out Vienna and Slovenia, cause I haven't heard too much about either. While in Munich for my conference, I may take a day off to check out Switzerland, or maybe the small hunting village of Duckenhoffen....

So, with only 3 weeks left in this place, I'm taking advantage. Next weekend, I'll be checking out Capri, maybe Caserta and some museams in Napoli. Weekend after, Pompeii and maybe Sorrento again...This weekend, heading out to Florence. I'm leaving tonight with Manal on the train, we're staying in a hostel for two nights and returning with the last train to Saviano on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing some priceless works of art. There's also some priceless tombs I'll be checking out: Michelangelo, Botteghelli, Machiavelli and Galileo. On the topics of great works of art, I offer you one of my new favorites....actually, this artist is my reason for making a trek to the small hunting village of Duckenhoffen in the Bavarian Alps....

 
Comments:
Ah,Duckenhoffen. I'm sure you'd find the old craftsman gazing at the river as he ponders over his next work of art; witty as ever. Rumor has it, he's starting to develop a taste for finer red wines! Could this inspire new works of art???
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Other Blogs

Embryonic Blogs

M.I.A.

Archives
2005.04 2005.05 2005.06 2005.07 2005.08 2005.09 2005.10 2006.02 2006.03 2007.09 2009.07