THOUGHTS TO COUNT
.............hopefully counted since april 25, 05 ...........
7.18.2005
  Roma
I was in Rome this weekend, and I've taken and posted these pictures......I think the things I liked most were the Vatican in the morning and the old Egyptian oblelisk in Piazza del Polipo...also the Pantheon...I didn't see the Sistine Chapel though, so I think I'll have to return soon...



From L to R: View of the colums surrounding the Piazza of San Pietro, two views of the Church in the Morning



From L to R: Outside San Pietro again, The Pantheon's sundial, the source of the light



From L to R: View from outside the Pantheon, an 3200 yr. old Egyptian Obelisk in Piazza del Polipo, the front of the Obelisk



From L to R: A fountain outside San Pietro, another view of said fountain, closer view of the church



From L to R: The seahorse fountain in Villa Borghese, the Coliseaum at night, and from behind Vatican City at sunrise



From L to R: A shot of the Ancient City of Rome, and the Colisseo during the daytime
 
Comments:
Ha yes....to stand before 3200 years of history in the form of and Egyptian obelisk must be very humbling when you realize how many kings, emperors and popes in addition to many conquerors have stood before it and gazed in amazement...just as I imagine I would if I got the opportunity to cast my eyes upon it...
 
Thanks so much for sharing your weekend adventures with us all. Beautiful pictures; you managed you get the perfect lighting...of course, you were in a location for capturing great pics.
Great talking to you today too!!
Keep safe
LOve M:)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Other Blogs

Embryonic Blogs

M.I.A.

Archives
2005.04 2005.05 2005.06 2005.07 2005.08 2005.09 2005.10 2006.02 2006.03 2007.09 2009.07