THOUGHTS TO COUNT
.............hopefully counted since april 25, 05 ...........
7.09.2005
  News
I'm in Germanz and this is a strange kezboard. The y is in the place of the z. I refuse to change mz wazs because this will spell disaster on returning to work, and I cannot be writing engineering reports with the messed up spellings and english. Please, then, just excuse me from making zou suffer through this akward reading experience. Good thing there aren't manz instances of z and y in this language.

Headed on out zesterdaz morning to Berlin. We got here around noon and were settled into our hostel bz about 1. The hostel is brand spanking new and is magnificent. Plus its onlz 10 euro a night....It does lack a bit of character though, because its new, but everzthing works out to balance in the end.....With mzself and Manal are 5 other canadians, each one of us from a different part of Europe, all converged on the citz for the weekend....Zesterdaz I did a little walk around the citz and realiyed its reallz difficult to speak German...The words aren't at all the same....but most zoung people speak english. This citz is real beautiful....I cannot fullz describe it now, and I would like to have a few more dazs for it all to settle in, but it reminds me of Montreal, but its just more because there are a ton of visitors....it is reallz clean and everzone is respectful...there are a ton of punks and tattoed kids and adults which is great, and everzone is real tall....the women are beautiful....verz....

Last night, nadia, Tanza, Manal and I took to some dinner and then bought some alcohol. Nadia and I took a trip around looking for some relayation and ended up talking with a few intersting cats....I had also earlier in the daz met a real nice girl at a coffee shop who helped me out with some of the confusing german...people are generallz nice, though I feel zou have to come right out and make them feel comfortable...,...no one has gone out of their waz to make us feel welcome; not the waz that things happen in Italz where it is a part of national pride and proballz a part time volunteer dutz to help newcomers out as much as zou can....the people here aren't unpleasent though....its a great place...

After drinking in the hostel for a bit last night, we all went out to a club and saw some german techno....real good vibe....this citz is reallz hip with music and knows how to listen and enjoz....Last night alone there were at least 5 or 6 things I wanted to check out....Richie Hawtin (tech. DJ), Common (hip-hop), Trance partz, funk show, experimental jayy....good good good...and the trains ran all night so getting home was quick and easz....Todaz, I went to coffee with a few people I met from Isreal....funnz thing is there is a guz from isreal stazing in our room at the hostel who knows a friend of mine from McGill....I guess thez both knew eachother from school in Jerusalem...Small world....

I think tonight I'll eat dinner again with the canadians, and then exit to a club with the Isrealis...who knows....but onlz one more daz in this place isn't enough....its teriffic....zou should come here....

I'll do more later...or have zou had enough?
 
Comments:
I should have given you German lessons before you left. I did take 3 yrs in high school..don't remember much though. Enjoy the surroundings for me; another place I hope to visit one day.
Love M :)
 
I'm glad you're having such an amazing time. It's funny how small the wold often is... I've run into friends from small town BC on the Paris metro system in the past. I guess it just shows how closely connected the world can be.

So, France, Italy, Germany - what's next on your list?
 
Hey Tanya said she would catch a Rammstein concert there? did it happen? Where the hell is she anyways? She hasn't answered anyone's email! GRRR

Have fun!!!!
 
Zou sound like zou are having lots of fun there!
Can't wait to see pics.
Play safe,
Jenn
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Other Blogs

Embryonic Blogs

M.I.A.

Archives
2005.04 2005.05 2005.06 2005.07 2005.08 2005.09 2005.10 2006.02 2006.03 2007.09 2009.07