THOUGHTS TO COUNT
.............hopefully counted since april 25, 05 ...........
7.19.2005
  New Diggs.......
I knew, somehow....it must have been a divine intervention....that there was a reason that I have taken nearly 7 years to complete a bachelor's degree. Keep in mind people that my degree was initially 5 years, so that's only 2 years over the normal finish line (I try and try to justify the 7 years but its difficult)....there are actually a lot of things that have tipped me off to the normality of me taking such a long tour through Uni. Firstly and basically, 7 is a lucky number, actually, as the bible goes, it is the number of perfection. So there's the first sign of divinity in my degree. As a second sign of divinity in this degree, I could invoke the 'ol "Holy shit!, it's taken me 7 years to finish this schooling", but that would be a bit to much of a stretch an maybe a little poor in taste (my father would give me no more than a 2 or 3 for this one -referencing of course the arbitrary points system established in the ongoing family game of generic witticism).....A more tangible sign, one occupying every bit of my life now, is this job in Italy, a kind of paid vacation that I wouldn't be on if I had finished a year back.....and now comes the newest big thing, something I've been looking at for a year and a half, but which has only recently neared fruition.

http://news.concordia.ca/administration/004515.shtml

You're looking at our new building....complete with massive black box for visual effects used by Hexagram (contemporary Masons sounds their name), Engineering vibrations lab, fancy staircases, colorful artwork and a 16th floor cafe/terrace...I can't wait to get back to Montreal and explore this building, find all the secret doors and such, even though I won't be using it for too long, cause soon approaches that 7th year. Rumor is that CIADI has an office on the Southwest corner of the 12th floor, with a view of Brossard!, and further out the horizon, Vermont!....that will certainly make studying more of an exercise in procrastination....
 
Comments:
I often look back on the events that lead me to the place I'm at now... it was all so random, but turned out so right.

I realized that my little (ie youngest) sister starts university this fall... at the rate I'm going, we'll graduate within a year of one another, or in the same year.... despite the five-year age gap. Hah.

At the same time, it's better to take your time and feel good/confident/reasonably excited about what you're doing than to burn through a degree and then be left wondering...

I mean, what the hell would i have done with a Fine Arts degree, majoring in painting? Meh.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Other Blogs

Embryonic Blogs

M.I.A.

Archives
2005.04 2005.05 2005.06 2005.07 2005.08 2005.09 2005.10 2006.02 2006.03 2007.09 2009.07