THOUGHTS TO COUNT
.............hopefully counted since april 25, 05 ...........
6.15.2005
  Photos - Random/Recent
Here are some photos from the past while in Italy. I have uploaded and posted some pics from Genoa, -the first four are Genoa, which is a shame because I have only one of Nice (my batteries died, and I was enjoying myself too much to really be bothered with picture taking)- also some from other random voyages around the Napoli region. To the brief description:

The first picture is of a striped building I really liked from Genoa, which bordered the Piazza Duomo. You can see a bit of the big church on the left, but unfortunately no pictures...really nice church though, 'dun 'up in the Baroque style. Second would be columns of the second floor of the Genoa Museam from inside the courtyard. There are a lot of exhibits of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings from WWII, and more references to the Japanese experience of WWII around the city. This is a connection I have yet to investigate, but intend to. Third picture is of me sitting atop a Lion that guards the entrance to Duomo...I felt like a big man. Fourth of Genoa is just a landscape shot of some old building in the main downtown plaza. These buildings are still amazing to me, but if you are from Europe, I guess this picture would just be boring.

Now the fifth one is of the beach in Nice. If you're desperate and are into voyeurism, take a look at the full version of this pic and maybe you can find some topless gal....It took about 5 minutes on the beach to acclimatise myself to the topless bathing effect; you out there in the cyber world, having not visited, may find it more intriguing...



Now we get to the older pics. The mountainous valley is just that. I have pledged to climb and camp out on this mountain (Mile High!), but it defeated me with a thunderstorm the first time...The building in the water, I don't know exactly what it is or why its there, but I found it interesting and so the picture...The spraypaint mural is tremendous, the boss says, 'Time to get to work' (in my mind). The palmtree walkway was near the water castle, and the last picture is from inside a different water castle in downtown Napoli, Castel Dell'Ovo (I had posted a picture of this castle from the outside a few weeks before, and now that I think of it, this photo is probally a repeat....:(...


<


So, thats the briefs..!..
 
Comments:
Oh yea...the photo that impressed me the most was the mural...the undiscovered "genius" who created it does have some talent...its hard to believe that someone that talented would waste their time painting a wall....but if his purpose was to get noticed...taadaa...mission accomplished....I think it's great...
 
Oh yea...the photo that impressed me the most was the mural...the undiscovered "genius" who created it does have some talent...its hard to believe that someone that talented would waste their time painting a wall....but if his purpose was to get noticed...taadaa...mission accomplished....I think it's great...
 
I couldn't find any topless women. But to be honest, I didn't look as hard as I could have.

I dig the facial hair. It was hard to tell which one was the lion!
 
Great picture. I particularly like the palm tree walkway. How pretty.
Thanks again. With the pics and your great description I almost feel as if I'm there.
Love to you..
M:)
 
Hey Phil...I'm having trouble to put up pictures. I am using the tag specified here, but it ain't working.. I'm trying to link to URL's at Photobucket. Anyway, shoot me an email (CIADI account) or a comment in my blog..

thanks,

Pawel
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Other Blogs

Embryonic Blogs

M.I.A.

Archives
2005.04 2005.05 2005.06 2005.07 2005.08 2005.09 2005.10 2006.02 2006.03 2007.09 2009.07