THOUGHTS TO COUNT
.............hopefully counted since april 25, 05 ...........
6.28.2005
  Duty Calls
...Lets quick sum up that Amalfi trip, cause I'll never do it otherwise....

After the quick dip, there was a private beach found and I got myself closer to the water cave mentioned earlier and actually chanced with my poor swimming and explored its vastness. Fantastic. Then, clouds and sprinkles came and Kelly and I spent 30 mins. talking and drinking a bottle with an ex-mayor of Anzio (near Rome) and his buddies who were along to the coast on the Mayor's yacht for the summer months. He promised us a ride to Sicly if we ever made it back to Amalfi, but he was also rippin' drunk and trying to get kelly to take her shirt off...but I have his cell number and may try my hand at sailing later on...On the beach, we decided taking the bike ride back was not a good idea and that we'd be better to stay the night...so, into the town to find a cheap hotel with now rain coming harder and harder and having no luck until we asked a woman at the flower shop and she left her work to run around the little streets with us in the rain until the 3rd hotel we hit had a room for us (the last room) and we had to take it, though it was 50 euro each for the night..ack...Ok, we've got a place to sleep, but now we need to buy clothes to wear cause all we have are biker grubs and so we did...Showered, dressed and out into the town where we explored and took some pictures and then ate a nice meal in a Trattoria where Kelly got pretty drunk off a half bottle of wine and we just went back to the hotel and slept....


(Photos from L to R: Kelly Drinking at a Fountain, Duomo Cathedral Amalfi)


...Breakfast the next day was included and we took all we could stuff into our bellies and pockets...we also had a nice picture on the roof of the hotel...


(Photo: Kelly and I on the roof of the Hotel)


...Then we took the bikes around amalfi and explored a bit; went up a ways into the mountains and snapped some more photos...


(Photo: Little Waterfall near the Paper Mill Museam)


...then finally decided that we would check out of the hotel and take a bike trip down the coast, back toward Sorrento on the winding cliff roads, checking out little towns on the way. Amalfi was over and we were once again on the bikes, now climbing out from sea-level up to the winding cliff road which EVERYONE told us was too dangerous to bike on...but what they don't tell you is how BEAUTIFUL it is to bike on....the road wasn't too dangerous, you just had to watch out going around curves for busses and such...but the views were BAM!


(Photos from L to R: Positano from the Beach and
two pictures from along the Amalfi coast on the road )


2 hours or so of biking lead us down to the town of Positano where we rolled 'em down to the sea and ate a pizza for sustinance. The beach was small and crowded so we just decided to move on out up the mountain again, this time to our final destination, Vico Ecquense, where we could swim the sea and catch the train afterward. Another 2 hours or so out to Vico and then at the beach for 1.5 where I found a great jumping rock about 200 meters offshore...My swimming is horrible, so horrible I actually failed my first swim class as a little tyke because I couldn't do the Dead Man's Float (I used to hold that it was because I was Neutrally Buoyant and could NOT float, but as I think of it more now, I realize it may just be a test for all the kids to see which ones panic and just aren't used to the water yet...so they fail us for another year's experience); as I've come to realize though, you don't need form unless you're racing and I can cope just fine with Froggin' 'er out 200 meters into the sea....So, I hit the rock, which was about 20 meters tall and pretty frickin' large around...Climbed up out of the water and made it to the top where I looked out onto the sea for a while before vaulting off...I didn't jump from the top, I was a bit too scared, it being my first jump in a while, but now I really want to get back to Vico and hit it again...

Anyway, so after the beach we were onto the train for a few minutes before boppin' off again and down the slow road to our respective homes...I had a great time out there biking and feeling the trip, relaxing, swimming, eating and all that...I have made a vow to do some more of this biker excursions...Next though, I think I may take off to Germany and meet some friends..

Ciao, Ciao, P
 
Comments:
It's great to see you looking SO good. Once again, great pictures.
Hope you'll be able to visit Germany.
Guten tag!!
Love you
M:)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Other Blogs

Embryonic Blogs

M.I.A.

Archives
2005.04 2005.05 2005.06 2005.07 2005.08 2005.09 2005.10 2006.02 2006.03 2007.09 2009.07