THOUGHTS TO COUNT
.............hopefully counted since april 25, 05 ...........
5.31.2005
  what were your favorite shows as a child????(pt.2)
So inspired I was a few days ago that I just blew up with TV nostalgia....this would be the second half to the previous TV story.....and just to let you know Jenn, I did not forget about 'My Secret Identity' (note the reference below), but the Disney Afternoon, I will have to say that that slipped my mind....so sad....but maybe at that point I was too intrigued by Pretzels and Cheese.....

...I guess the best way to truely remember all that time in front of the TV would not be to remember the classics, but to remember the obscure, crappy shows I watched....I don't even think I enjoyed those shows....who could?, they were terrible even when I was a kid....three pop in my mind right away,

The Greatest American Hero: A dufus with curly blond hair becomes a superhero because he finds a book that Aliens from another planet, when on their visit to earth, had forgotten to take with them back home....this book has a whole bunch of 'magic' words or phrases that somehow, the halfwit has learned to invoke in order to give him certain superpowers....lets see, he could make himself invisible, he could run really fast, could he fly? I don't remember...oh, he could also see where people were presently by touching another object that person had come into contact with in the past..a very specific superpower....there were of course the token pretty lady and crazy old man who were the only ones privy to frizzhead's secret.....the shitty thing about this show....well generally, everything about this show was shit, but if I am to pick, I'll say it was the concept of a comedy-action with a fantasy plot (only 'My secret identity' could pull this off) and the fact there was no arch-enemy...blah.

the other two, I can't remember their names (not suprisingly), and they were most truly the worst shows on television....One was with this very strange looking host who always wore suspenders and pink framed glasses....the idea was you'd have a brother and a sister on the show, and they would have to answer questions about eachother in order to get to the prize round, which consisted of each child seperately browsing through a studio of prizes (pink for the girl, blue for the boy). The brother would get to choose three toys that his sister would like most, and vice-versa....then, if they knew eachother super well!!, they would both get all the prizes.....whoa!

...The last is certifiably the worst show of all time. The concept was to play arcade games. You and your teammate would challenge another team, playing really bad conceptualized arcade games while the host rapped about what you were doing in the background.....the final challenge?....you actually get to take part in a real video game!!!...not really...the effects were so poor and such a primitive piece of attempted virtual reality that no one ever won the game....(Where were those sharks and hedgehogs coming from anyway?? you had no way of knowing, all you saw was a blue screen...)....The concept was poor, but salvageable....what left this show with no hope whatsoever was the host, who was the biggest most vivid example of why you shouldn't watch TV in the first place....the debilitating ADD...

I would like some help here....some sympathy; please comfort me and tell me all my wasted hours were not in vain....
 
Comments:
I completely forgot about the arcade game- but now that I remember it, I also remember how crazy the host was.
Anyway, as I was reading, another show popped into my head- Slim Goodbody! Remember that guy with the totally 80's hair that wore a leotard painted like the insides of the human body??
Look at the website if you want to see the new and inproved Slim-
http://www.slimgoodbody.com/for_parents.htm
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Other Blogs

Embryonic Blogs

M.I.A.

Archives
2005.04 2005.05 2005.06 2005.07 2005.08 2005.09 2005.10 2006.02 2006.03 2007.09 2009.07