THOUGHTS TO COUNT
.............hopefully counted since april 25, 05 ...........
5.27.2005
  what were your favorite shows as a child???? (pt.1)
I watched a lot of television when I was a kid....man, some of those shows were classics....as I sit here, reminiscing 'bout my formative years exposed to the electron scan of the CRD...I realize that ironically, TV ...boring... has been replaced by computer ...FUN... and still I am mezmerized by the same 'ol seisure inducing, eye straining high frequency pulse which I similarly cherished all those years ago. In the vain of nostalgia, I will now list here, in no particular order, those 'special' ones which I loved so much....

mmm, Nickelodeon was tasty.....my favorites were 'Salute your shorts', 'Hey dude', 'Pete and pete' (one of the rare classics that is still watchable), 'Guts' and 'Treasures of the Hidden temple' (both of which are completely nausiating to watch now), 'Double Dare', 'You can't do that on television', 'Ren and Stimpy', etc....

PBS had a few ('Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?, Reading Rainbow), though they were always educational, which may have alienated a few of my peers at the time, but I'd say that the years have proven me right for having gained invaluable knowledge from sticking with that experiment that was called Educational TV...(they would've been better off using the production $$ for these shows to send someone to the house and steal your TV....though not very becoming of a public institution; I expect they would be rather less forthcoming about the whole ordeal and just take your stuff some other way....but, I digress)....

Just then, thinking about someone stealing my TV I had pictured it to be none other than Mr. Wilfurd Brimley (he played Scrooge in a version of A Christmas Carol I once saw at the Palace Theater in Albany...that could be the source of the association...), nevertheless, he is worth mentioning, cause his name alone opens up a whole new area of the classic TV I watched....the sitcoms/dramas.....starting with Mr. Brimley (maybe remember him from Quaker oats commercials?), I'll mention the 'ol favorite 'Our House' where in fact Big Wil did play an old grumpy guy....then there was 'Dougie Howser M.d.', 'Life goes on', 'The Hogan Family', 'Family Matters', 'Wonder years', 'Growing pains', 'Family ties', etc, etc, etc.

....Really if I had to pick a favorite, it would be something like 'Step by step', 'Mr. Belvedere', or 'Whos the Boss', ...but there are just so many to choose from.....
 
Comments:
My favorites- Family Ties, My 2 Dads, the wonder years, Punky Brewster and My Secret Identity- do you remember that one?

I can't believe that you forgot to mention the Disney Afternoon!! Or did you leave that one out on purpose?? I seem to recall you being obsessed with Tailspin and Darkwing Duck!!
 
When I think of you the first TV show that comes to mind is Scooby Doo!But maybe you weren't referring to cartoons...that could be thought for another day.
Love the pics, keep them coming
:)
M
 
hmmm... I was one of those obnoxious kids who really loved all the educational programs, everything from Carmen San Deigo and Reading Rainbow to National Geographic Explorer. But then, I also had serious weak spots for the Transformers (epic!), the Ninja Turtles, monster truck rallies, She-Ra, GI Joe, Scooby-doo...

Man, I was an 80's cartoon junkie.

The good shows never die, anyways.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Other Blogs

Embryonic Blogs

M.I.A.

Archives
2005.04 2005.05 2005.06 2005.07 2005.08 2005.09 2005.10 2006.02 2006.03 2007.09 2009.07