THOUGHTS TO COUNT
.............hopefully counted since april 25, 05 ...........
5.30.2005
  Sorrento, sorrento, beautiful sorrento....
I've doubted myself again. Its really becoming an issue when I try to write something....see, there is a part of me that aspires to lofty desrcription, something which, if not worthy of some of the authors who inhabited this region in antiquity, would at least not incur in the reader an immediate and nausiating revolt of the senses.....but lo!, the muse is silent, and there remains only an uninspired biped....it is this lower part of I, which always is left with a fleeting desire and corrupted, crappy, and overall, 'cheesy' phrases.....take for instance the proposed opening to this piece......

'Sorrento, sorrento, beautiful sorrento....your hills and cliffs are filled with lemons, but nothing is sour here.....'

.....holy..!....yes, invoke christ....!....this is crappy....ok, so I'll let the beauty of sorrento speak for itself (though beware, it may utter slight malcontent for being shown in this technological light, far from the truest luminescence of its being.....be sure though that this place indeed lives on in the senses of my mind; and to be sure will do the same for you if you are lucky as I who have visited it......






 
Comments:
Great pics...that camera in conjunction with your artistic composition really makes looking at those pics enjoyable...but alas, the subject in itself is a thing of beauty....
 
I love how the old building crawl into every available nook... climbing up the cliffs and tucked at the base of them against the sea. Much more than most anything we have over here, they seem almost to be a part of the landscape.

What I remember clearly from my trip to Europe was the lack of anything I would describe as "nature". I think that's about the only thing that really got to me... the landscape is so settled and has been for thousands of years.

Hmm.
Beautiful.
 
The pictures could speak for themselves, but your words add to the beauty!



Keep the pics coming- they help with my daydreaming.....
 
Such vivid colors, the contrast between the rooftops, sky and sea. I'm so happy you're sharing your journey with those of us who haven't had the opportunity to enjoy Italy. Keep enjoying and sharing the adventure.
Be safe
:) Mom
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Other Blogs

Embryonic Blogs

M.I.A.

Archives
2005.04 2005.05 2005.06 2005.07 2005.08 2005.09 2005.10 2006.02 2006.03 2007.09 2009.07