THOUGHTS TO COUNT
.............hopefully counted since april 25, 05 ...........
4.18.2005
  Sunny observation
Reading Thoreau and discussing with a friend today I had a few thoughts.....Thoreau, speaking about removing yourself from the context of your society and defining your individualism through solitude and harmony with the natural world. The question is; is it a sign of the times or my generation or who I keep as company now that the world has taken on such transience and removal from rigid societal roles....?.,...the first thing that comes to mind is that i'm crazy and its just that i'm finishing school and going out to Italy this summer. That could certainly explain my postion. But I feel that there's a lot of people out there, in my generation and of my age that feel the same way, which I can explain for the generation through our luxuries and therefore ability to pass through pre-constructed societal roles.....like farmer or blacksmith or baker like Thoreau has spoken about; how many are born into and take on with pride the work of their heritage? Is this a necessity to our existance and is this generation moving away from those roles? Hmm...

P
 
Comments:
Your generation is like those before you..questioning their role in society.
Be thankful you're so in tune to the world around you.
You've been given a gift that many don't have.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home




Other Blogs

Embryonic Blogs

M.I.A.

Archives
2005.04 2005.05 2005.06 2005.07 2005.08 2005.09 2005.10 2006.02 2006.03 2007.09 2009.07